FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONSUpdatedThursday April 1, 2021 byGuelph Minor Ball Hockey League.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What days are the games played?
What times are the games played on Saturday?
- The Learn to Play program plays Saturday Mornings around 8:00am and the other divisions follow in order of age.
Where are the games played?
- Most of the games are played at West End Recreation Centre with games also being played at Centennial Arena and Victoria Road Arena.
Later in the season, the league may have games at Exhibition Arena. The City of Guelph will be confirming our arena allocations for the upcoming season in April, 2021.
- The kids will usually play one game per week.
Do the kids have practices?
- Our main program does not have practices, however children selected for the Guelph Cyclones Representative Team will have practices as scheduled by their coaches.
Do you have programs for girls and boys?
- The GMBHL is a co-ed league where boys and girls play together.
When does the season start and end?
- The House League season starts in late April and continues until late June. There are no games on long weekends.
- In July, our Guelph Cyclones Representative Teams in their respective divisions will compete in the OBHF Provincial Tournament against other cities across the province. The tournament usually takes place in early to mid July.
What equipment is required?
- Please visit our Equipment Requirements Page for more detailed information.
What are the Ball Hockey Rules?
- Please visit our Rules Page for more information
What are the age groups?
Our age groups are as follows:
What is the cost to register?
- The cost for our programs are as follows:
Learn to Play program is $169.00
All other ages $219.00 (Late fee $20- after April 30, 2021)
** There is a family discount of $10 off for the second child.
How do I register?
- Registrations can be made online at www.gmbhl.com
- Also, in-person registrations can be made at locations/times that are updated on the website.
What do I get with my registration fee?
- All registered players will receive a player package consisting of team Jersey, shorts and socks. Players will have league games officiated by CBHA certified referees, an OBHF membership with OBHF/CBHA insurance coverage. All stats are officially recorded on our website and an opportunity to play Provincially for our Cyclones program and even Nationally through CBHA sanctioned events.
Can I sponsor?
- Yes, please visit our Sponsorship Information Page for more information.
Are there different divisions for different skill levels?
- Yes, our league offers a House League program as well as a Competitive Division program if there are enough registrations.
Also, players who would like to play Guelph Cyclones Representative Program.
- The Ontario Ball Hockey Federation Provincial Championships are Tournaments held in July. All participating leagues from Ontario send teams in hope of winning a Provincial title. The location of the tournaments vary by year and are held in early/mid July.
How can I play for the Guelph Cyclones Provincial Tournament Team?
- The opportunity is open to all our members. You can register to be selected for the Guelph Cyclones Rep Team. The Coaching staff selected by the GMBHL will also scout players during the course of the season. If there are too many kids in an age group interested in playing then we will select the players that will best represent our program.
Is there a cost to play for the Guelph Cyclones?
- Yes there is a cost to play for the Guelph Cyclones which is established at the beginning of the season.